Friday, October 29, 2010

Learning the ropes

This is Dillyn (right). Yesterday (a day after Tanner changed my marketing world) ,I decided to learn to skateboard. I am more sure of Foundry Skateboarding now then ever. Why?

Skateboarding isn't hard. It's impossible. To do the things that the skaters down at the skate park (in Abilene Texas) are doing isn't just impressive it is borderline surreal. These guys whip awesome stuff out like they are walking. They make it seem second nature. I give a lot of kudos to the Abilene Skaters.

Ok, Why did I decide to learn to skate? To put it simple Skateboarding isn't about being cool or doing insane tricks. It is 100% about family. In order to be part of that family they have to see me (Foundry Skateboarding) putting in the hours where they have put in theirs.

I know what your thinking. Foundry Skate boards, how do you expect to sell skateboards anywhere else other then Abilene, Texas?

I have an answer. A wise man once said to me, if you get a letter of recommendation from a big company you become as credible as that company. Now if I get a big skater who is already part of the new areas family to not only ride Foundry Skateboards but hype them up then Foundry Skateboarding becomes as credible to that "family" as that skater is.

Duh right. Well has anyone ever thought, man it would be easy to get them to hype us up if they got money for it? Money for EACH deck sold. Make them a sales person. The other skaters would just believe that the boards are good, and that credible skater would have an incentive to sell. Its win win, Foundry Skateboards become both credible and profitable.

Let me know what you think, sorry I went on for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment