Monday, January 3, 2011

The Shoes at Rose Park


There are some shoes on the tele wire by the skate park. Now normally when you see shoes on a wire you think "oh shoot drug dealer live around here" Well lets be honest thats why shoe tossing started. As it turns out, its not even close to the reason for the shoe hanging by the skate park. 

The reason for the shoes on the wire starts out in a store. 

A skater will go through a pair of shoes pretty quick but sometimes last years, depending on some stuff. Of course that skater will need to by more shoes. 

On my first pair of shoes I have learned to drop in on a 2ft, a 4ft, a 6ft, a mini ramp, I have learned rock to fakie, to 5-0, I have learned to ollie (kinda), I have met upwards of 50 people a good amount of them people who I call my friends, I have skated miles on roads, hours on sidewalks, I have riped toe nails off, fallen hard, sat and chilled when I just can't skate anymore, and to be honest I would love to show the world that my shoes lived a life that is worth showing. 

That is just what shoes over a skate park means. It says that these shoes were good. It says that these shoes have memories tied to them, that when I got new ones that it was tough to part with them. Shoes over a skate park say in a nut shell, ""Good times" 

It is the essence of skating, good times falling hard, and learning a new trick. There are stories to those shoes. 


What have your shoes seen? 

5 comments:

  1. Man my apple yard circas and I had a great time. We learned to kickflip, heelflip and pretty much every other basic flip. No other shoes have come close except maybe my current fallens which rock. great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot seriously means a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, I learned to tre flip in my shoes. I remember when I first landed one, I was so stoked! No I can pop em clean as ever 90% of the time. I am going to put my shoes on my wall, with a platform when im done! thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your welcome im glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I went about talking about the issue of drug dealers and discussed that. You should re read the post. They are not drug dealer symbols, just go ask the people at the park.

    ReplyDelete