Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Daniel Kwaw Interview



Daniel Kwaw skates the streets of Fort Worth Texas. Where he finds some pretty intresting places to skate. I was lucky enough to do a quick online interview with him. His skate team is called Worthy, check them out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqGQVpl-7YQ&feature=player_embedded#at=43
Alright to the interview. Then some more about the guy.

Who is your favorite skater and why?

Louie lopez cause he's gnarly and young Like me

Why did you start skating?

Cause me and friends would all ways try new sport like bmxing rollerblading  scottering then skateboarding I was the only one who just kept skating and learning it

Where is your favorite spot and whats it like?

Hmm I'll have to say ethier bowling all gap or carwash 5 cause the gap pushes me to try néw things and the car was has a nice bank and set to get my tricks down

Tell me about your best day skating.

It was me and my other team mate we skated and just saw a lot of weird stuff like some drunk came up to us and non stopped talk to use and then some person wanted to call the cops on us it was a crazy day

Tell me about your worse.

When it rained haha

A lot of guys around here talk about the family. Do you consider your skater friends to be a kind of family?
Yeah there my big bros that I learn my mistakes from and learn tricks

Some people say skating is a way to express themselves, what is skating to you?
It's life it's what I do to keep me athletic and creative and crazy

If you could change one thing about the skating world what would it be, and why?
Hmm I'd change two things i'd get more ppl to skate and change that you can skate anywhere as long as you swear you won't sue them
what's your best trick?



Favorite Trick?

Fakie 360 flip


Favorite skate video?
Lakia skate and create

Favorite skate shoe?
Circa and lakia

First sponsor?


Foundry Skateboarding


If you don't know Daniel Kwaw's Favorite skater Louie Lopez, look him up. This guy is big. This guy isn't afraid to gap a huge ledge into a massive aqueduct and bomb the thing all the way down or backside a massive rail. I can see why Daniel picked this guy. It goes without saying that your favorite skater has an impact on the things we do. Just like I do old school stuff because I dig old school skaters, Daniel loves to get crazy. I know that Mr. Kwaw has some sick stuff in his future.
About the favorite spot. It says a lot about a skater when the spot of choice is some random place. It means that they love to get creative and sketchy. Daniel loves to skate the sketchy places. Places where you're just not supposed to be. This guy is great at keeping an eye out for the next spot to make his bitch and I can't wait to get some Foundry Skateboarding footage of him tearing of Fort Worth.
Seriously skating really gets you into some weird freaking spots. I personally have never had a drunk dude harass me, but while on a skateboard it would not surprise me. As far as the cops go.... seriously guys lay off on the skaters we just wanna do stupid crap that won't hurt anyone but ourselves leave us alone. How many times do we have to get kicked out of a good spot just because of some scared old lady calling us in? Seriously its getting old. This would have been one great day to session though. Also, how many of us have been rained out? I guess the only thing we can do is skate it out indoors, although. I don't think Daniel is down for that, non of his footy is indoors and this guy really loves finding new spots. I don't think skating indoors is his style.
Well, we all have a skating family. It's crazy when you stop having big brothers and start having little ones. This guy probably doesn't know it yet but he's gotta be someones big bro, teaching them to skate and setting an example. I mean the amount of tricks he can do has got to be attracting some attention, seriously his fakie 360 flip is ridiculous.
The last thing I have to talk about. If you could change the skateboarding world, what would you do? He said “I wish everyone could skate.” Seriously the world would be so much better if everyone did skate, like Daniel said ,”It's life it's what I do to keep me athletic and creative and crazy” We all need to get a little crazy from time to time. If everyone skated, then every spot on earth would be open for business. No one would ever want to say no to seeing something bad ass.
Thanks for the interview Daniel Kwaw and keep skating. 
Here is his video montage of him and the Worthy team. Daniel, you better know that when Foundry Skateboarding comes to get some footy your gunna be doing some crazy stuff!


1 comment: