Friday, December 17, 2010

What is Skateboarding to you?

I love documentaries, so here is a short ten minute one called "What is Skateboarding" It's about ten minutes long and does a good job of interview normal people, about skateboarding.

I want to say that, skateboarding isn't about big air or 900 spins. It's about the hundred of thousands of people who skate without recognition, they don't need to be noticed to have fun. Skateboarding to me is a way to have fun without rules. I can do whatever I want, without having to worry about someone telling me i am doing it wrong.

I had some comments earlier about one of our reps. I want to say first that Daniel Kwaw is a damn good technical skater and to insult him is to say that you are better. Challenge the guy to a game of skate and I am pretty sure you'll lose. I just want to follow that up by saying Daniel Kwaw is a real dude, not some millionaire making money off of you. He is a real skater that skates for one reason and only one reason, because he loves it. Back off and realize Foundry Skateboarding isn't about the X-games, or video game tricks. Foundry Skateboarding is about the other hundred thousand skaters, its about chillin with your skate family. It's about those days that you can't land anything and you just sit down and talk. Seriously we are not here to make money and get big, we are here to make money so we can spend money on helping people get stuff they need.

The other day FsB took all the money we had, we were up $40, and we gave out that $40 to people who just couldn't buy new decks. They were mega happy. That is what Foundry Skateboarding is about, not some videos of people doing El Toro (Bad Ass) its about the normal person.

This video is about normal people. I found it, you watch it. Leave me some comments because I love them so much. Thanks

3 comments:

  1. This really shows what Skateboarding is to everyday people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im everyday people! she's talking about me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymously sent by Forrest Wilson

    ReplyDelete